Skip to main content

Why is there a heart-shaped card on my desk O'Neil?


Image result for love letter military

Murdoch:
O'Neil? Care to explain this?

O'Neil:
It looks like a Valentine's Day card, sir.

Murdoch:
I know that. I have eyes.

O'Neil:
And what a beautiful pair of peeps you have sir! The crows feet around the corners must come from years of joyous laughter with friends and family.

Murdoch:
I would love to tell you that this is the case, but the crow's feet come from the depths of my frustration, which is mostly derived by your incompetence, O'Neil.

O'Neil:
I know you act gruff, but deep down, you have a heart of gold. I have faith in your, sir.

Murdoch:
Your faith is misplaced, much like the items you have misplaced over the years.

O'Neil:
It's not good to dwell on the past. Live in the now.

Murdoch:
Speaking of which, is this card your handiwork?

O'Neil:
It seems you have a secret admirer sir! Ain't love grand?

Murdoch:
It's not much of a secret since I know this comes from you.

O'Neil:
Me? Oh no sir. Although I am a great admirer of your accomplishments, I can neither confirm nor deny to the be author of all the teeny-tiny hearts that your admirer has drawn over the "i"'s in your love letter.

Murdoch:
I haven't even shown you the insides of the card, and yet you already know too much about the script style. This is definitely you.

O'Neil:
A lucky guess! My theory is that you have caught of attention of someone from another department. Maybe Beatrice from the Black Ops division.

Murdoch:
We are not to speak of Beatrice. She is in deeply covert operations!

O'Neil:
Maybe she deeply covets your love and attention, sir! Crack open your heart and let the love flow!

Murdoch:
The only cracking I'm seeing in the future is your skull from the passionate impact of my fist. Admit it: you put this on my desk!

O'Neil:
Or... maybe it's from Bryce down in maintenance! I've noticed him winking at you in the slyest of ways.

Murdoch:
Bryce? That grease monkey? I barely know the guy!

O'Neil:
My intuition tells me he would love to adjust your manifold, if you know what I mean.

Murdoch:
Stop wiggling your eyebrows at me! I know this card came from you!

O'Neil:
Wishful thinking sir. What proof could you possibly have?

Murdoch:
You made the card from the letter that was issued to you from your last mission briefing. It has your signature on it!

O'Neil:
So it does! Clearly, you are trained by the world's greatest detective.

Murdoch:
I don't need to be Batman to know you're an idiot, O'Neil.

O'Neil:
I saw you at the Christmas party. You know how to strut a mean Bat-usi! Adam West has nothing on you.

Murdoch:
Speaking of detective work, aren't you supposed to be in the interrogation room?

O'Neil:
One could argue I'm being interrogated right now by you, which would make this the interrogation room, so the answer would be Yes.

Murdoch:
Not here! That spy we caught and locked in interrogation room 3. You were supposed to be questioning him to find out what he knows!

O'Neil:
Oh yeah... That guy. You'd think he'd still be in that room, right?

Murdoch:
I would. I would think that, since it was the one job you had to accomplish today. Just sit in that room and ask him a few questions and extract information.

O'Neil:
My social skills are legendary, sir.

Murdoch:  [checking the surveillance feed]
Wait... why is our prisoner no longer in Interrogation Room 3?

O'Neil:
Yeah... funny story... I learned an important lesson today.

Murdoch:
What lesson is that?

O'Neil:
It turns out that a chocolate confection can completely masked the taste of knock-out serum.

Murdoch:
Oh no... You had one job, O'Neil!

O'Neil:
I'm a romantic, sir! And it turns out that the spy was very ... flexible!

Murdoch:
Flexible? What the hell are you talking about?!

O'Neil:
He somehow got out of his restraints, but instead of running, he produced a tiny box of chocolates and wished me a happy Valentine's day! How could I resist?

Murdoch:
Damn you, O'Neil.
[slowly crumples up the card]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where's the Tank O'Neil?

Murdoch : Where's the tank O'Neil? O'Neil : What's that? Murdoch : The tank. It was sitting right where I left it, on purpose. And your job, O'Neil, was to watch it. O'Neil : Right. I remember you saying something about that. Murdoch : So where's the tank O'Neil? O'Neil : Yeah... funny story about that... Murdoch : You had one job O'Neil: Watch. The. Tank. ONE JOB. O'Neil : As it turns out, the job was a little more complicated that just watching the tank. Murdoch : It's a tank O'Neil. When it's not being operated, it just sits in one place. It has only one job to do when it's not being used: to sit. Kinda like the one job you had: to sit and watch the tank. O'Neil : You'd think so, wouldn't you? Murdoch : I would. I would think so. In fact, I was thinking that very thing when I gave you the simple job of watching an inert object large enough to not go missing as long as one person

Why is there a drone here?

Murdoch: O'Neil, come here. O'Neil : Yessir. What can I do for you? Murdoch: Take a look out this window. Tell me what you see. O'Neil : I see fields. I see mountains. I see the raw beauty of nature as the sky meets the earth. As above, so below as the mystics say. Murdoch: I hate poetry. I need you to narrow your focus. What do you see here? [taps the window] O'Neil : [squints] A finger smudge on an otherwise spotless piece of glass? You are a question wrapped in an enigma this morning, sir. Murdoch: [sigh] You're going to make me say it, aren't you? O'Neil : I have never known you to say or do anything from a position of force, sir. Murdoch: Why is there a drone hovering over our headquarters? O'Neil : [gasps] Is that a drone? Murdoch: It is. Why is there a drone here, O'Neil? O'Neil : I thought it was an overly-enlarged hummingbird of some kind. Murdoch: Even the largest hummingbird is only 20cm in lengt